Aug 5, 2009
Dallas
So a few weeks ago - we bought ourselves some "little chickeys"
from the top... - "Coop", "Breck", "Mockbee", "Prissy"

img0438.jpg

Then we needed to put together a little coop

img0470gog.jpg

img0471lnb.jpg

I think we did this part a little differently... We built the enclosure, then built the roost/nest box/feed and water sections after and just moved it inside.

img0466g.jpg

The roost is on top, of course. The nest box is mounted below the poop tray, there is another poop tray below the food and water. The feeder is hanging from the bottom of the nest box.

img0468dle.jpg

photo2glf.jpg

So far it is working out pretty well - I think they like it.

No eggs yet, but they are young and we just added the nest box yesterday. I am going to mount a little door on the outside of the nest box to close it up and so we can get eggs without going in the coop.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Quote:
thanks! The nice lady that sold them to us said they were...

golden comet
barred rock
australorp
americuana

wow! nice...very nice...let see how do I spell jealous...jealouzzz..jeallllloouussss....oh forget it it!!!! more like....
barnie.gif

barnie.gif
i want it I want it...
barnie.gif
barnie.gif

Thanks everyone!

My DW drew up the plans, and we had the enclosure built in a day. We had to finish the wire that day!
- we had no where to put the little chickey's and the Doberman was a little too excited!
wee.gif

I still have to mount a little door behind the "empty" nest box so we can get to in from outside, and add a door in front of the roost, but it's almost done. ...I think.

Are these things ever done?
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom