Our New Coop (pic.)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Ardmairchix, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Ardmairchix

Ardmairchix Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG]

Not tin roofed or finished out inside yet, but you get the idea. Only 6' X 8' .............if I'd known we were going to be so successful at raising the chicks I'd have made it bigger [​IMG] sure hope some of our neighbours need a few extra Black Australorps!
    The front windows are just fine mesh backed up with 2" X 4" welded wire for strength, the side windows are store bought aluminium and there's a vent at the top of the rear wall - enough ventilation? & do you think the pop-hole ramps need something on them for more grip?

Thanks for looking,
    Mike & Susie

2. Nivrocco

Nivrocco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    S.W. VA
    I really like it...we did the same thing, started a 8' X 6'..now it doesn't seem big enough. My flock has grown and we haven't even finished the first coop. I've already started planning where to build an additional one..[​IMG]

3. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    [​IMG]

4. NancyP

NancyP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    very nice

5. GaDawg

GaDawg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    North GA
    looks good, love the color! [​IMG]

6. RHewitt

RHewitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Great work. I would add the slats for traction on the pop-hole ramps, better to be safe. Dont want to sprain a leg or damage a foot.

Nice job...building coops reminds me of when I was kid building a fort or treehouse. Most of the fun was building it and adding on later. Always room for improvements.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  7. space40023

space40023 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2009
    Fisherville,Ky
    Here's a few pic's of my 8x8 coop. My chicks moved in monday at 4 wks of age. I was worried about our temps here so I put in a small heater along with the lamp.They appear to be comfy.Btw tthere are 21 total chicks in my coop,is this enough room ? Where did my pic's go ?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  8. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG] Very nice coop

9. chickenbuddy

chickenbuddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    [​IMG]

10. KyleD.

KyleD. Chillin' With My Peeps