Our new coop - the Taj Ma-Cluck!

GNRMorgans

Songster
6 Years
Dec 31, 2013
Chase,BC Canada
All done except for some finishing on the outside - I'm thinking some kind of siding in the spring. My DH is still finishing the insulation on the ceiling/roof, and the vents need covers and the windows put in. Thank goodness the nice fall has been long and the cold has not yet arrived! :)

The coop was built on the right side of our hay barn and measures 14'x28'. The indoor coop and outdoor run are equal 14' portions. The indoor coop has a storage entry-way at 5' which leaves 9'x14' for the hens inside. Next summer we'll be adding an outdoor uncovered range area that runs in an L shape around the coop and haybarn. This should give them lots of room for roaming but still give them decent daytime predator protection. I am quite happy with the whole project - I owe my DH HEAPS for all his efforts! I am particularly pleased with the exterior dutch door. It will add a lot of nice air flow during the summer.

Lots of the ideas we learned while scouring through the pages here, so a big thank you to you all!
bow.gif

Back
Top Bottom