1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. Jessie and Kade

Jessie and Kade Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2012
    Well here is a pic of our DIY coop. My whole family was involved in building lol it was great! Its still not 100% done as the run still needs to be attached but the coop its self only needs 1 more perch put inside and nest boxes (I'll be building those tomorrow) and another coat of stain (has to wait for a nice day) its 4x4x4 (with a slope which makes the high side bigger than 4ft) the roof is shingled. theres a guillotine door on the front (so once the run is on I wont have to climb in and close it once they are in, and there is a door on the side with a lock the bottom is peel and stick tiles with shavings over top so its easy to clean out and even take tiles out and replace them if they get too nasty! So excited to have the new coop built and hope they start to get along better now that they will be sharing the same sleeping quarters. Will post more pics of the coop once the run is all attached!

[​IMG]
    My 2 silly Hens Rhode Island Red Jessie and Black Copper Maran Kadee :D

[​IMG]

2. BrendaJ

BrendaJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    Oregon
    Good job on your coop :) Im sure your girls will be very happy when its all done. Post more pics as you go [​IMG]

3. Jessie and Kade

Nov 11, 2012
    Thanks BrendaJ :) I will post more pics as we go and some pics of the girls enjoying it :)

4. coolcanoechic

coolcanoechic Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice job! [​IMG]

5. stevetone

stevetone Chicken Advocate

I like the vent at the top of the high wall. Very nice!

6. Jessie and Kade

Nov 11, 2012
    Thanks :) I will still need to put in a window as when I close the door it gets pretty dark and Id like them to have Some light in there if for some reason (too cold out etc) they dont come out of the coop for the day so that will be 1 thing that changes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by