Our new coop!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chimpzu, Sep 10, 2013.

1. chimpzu

chimpzu New Egg

Sep 10, 2013
    My question is this: too much purple?[​IMG]

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Well, since purple is my favorite color, I think you have it about right. Though you could go with some lighter or darker shades of purple for contrast on the doors and windows, no need to waste space on white. And you do know you can get concrete dye and make concrete blocks in purple, just a thought for the future. Unfortunately I have never seen purple roofing shingles. Very cute little coop though, and I like you made the entry ramp to match. So what color chickens will be going in it?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  3. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    I think it looks awesome. I love bright colored coops. All mine are dark or neutral shades and I always want to repaint them some thing bright and fun to stand out. Problem is I have so many coops my family wants them to blend in lol.

I love the purple you did a great job.

4. Farm4Suncee

Farm4Suncee Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2013
    I love it! Purple is so fun and whimsy! I'm thinking I'll paint my coop to match our house, off white and cape cod blue, or I may get on a childlike whim and do pink : ) Not totally sure yet, but yours has inspired me [​IMG]

5. TweetyNPetey

TweetyNPetey Chillin' With My Peeps

I love the purple coop, so bright and pretty!
    Not too much at all

6. Clucky Me

Clucky Me Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2013
    Staten Island, NY
    No! It is ADORABLE!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by