Our new dog *new pics page 3 & 4*

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Oblio13, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Oblio13

Oblio13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    New Hampshire
    This is Caesar, a four-year-old Great Dane we got from the pound. He's very thin and had a broken tail. But he's a calm, dignified dog and we think he's going to work out well.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  2. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    Wow he is thin, he's going to have a great life now though. Very pretty dog. Congratulations! [​IMG]

3. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    I love Danes! He's gorgeous. 8 )

4. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Beautiful dog! Thank you for rescuing him.

5. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    Caesar is beautiful! Once he gets some weight on him he'll be even more so. Congratulations on your new family member! [​IMG]

6. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Give that dog some food! Poor baby. Glad you found him and now he'll have a great life!

7. Jsto

Jsto Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    North Carolina
    Oh, he's just gorgeous. We rescued a Dane when I was a little girl. He was in horrible shape - incredibly underweight, tail broken nine times, parasites all over him, and giant calluses on his elbows. We got him healthy and it was incredibly rewarding. He was a wonderful dog, despite the rough treatment he had gone through for years. I hope you enjoy your new friend [​IMG] They are a fantastic breed.

8. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Thank you for taking in a great dog who needs a good home. He will be beautiful. Now start introducing him to the baby chicks and chickens and he should be like our dogs, Rex and Lucy, who watch over them like they are members of the family. Try bringing in a chick/chicken and hold it and pet it and pet the dog and talk to him and let him sniff it. He will learn to love you and the chickens at the same time.

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'm a sucker for a big dog.....glad he's found a new home with you.

10. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Congrats on your new family member! He looks nice and comfy on that nice warm rug! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by