Our new family adventure in san diego

RyanAndMeg

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 27, 2014
San Diego
frow.gif
I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Ryan and my wife is Meg and our little boy is Atticus. We are from the NW but the Navy brought us to southern California. We just recently decided to raise chickens(4 or 5) but don't have any yet. I am trying to build our coop from all reclaimed materials and got a bunch of lumber today! I have sketched out some very rough plans and am excited to get started. I will make updates as I make some progress.

Last edited:
frow.gif
I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Ryan and my wife is Meg and our little boy is Atticus. We are from the NW but the Navy brought us to southern California. We just recently decided to raise chickens(4 or 5) but don't have any yet. I am trying to build our couple from all reclaimed materials and got a bunch of lumber today! I have sketched out some very rough plans and am excited to get started. I will make updates as I make some progress.
welcome-byc.gif
You've come to the right place for a wealth of information, and everyone is so friendly and helpful. Be sure to post some pics of your progress on your coop and run...good luck!
yippiechickie.gif

images

Welcome to BYC!

So glad you could join our community! Good luck on the coop build! We will all be anxious to see your progress. If you have any troubles or need help with the build, you can ask questions in our Coop Construction section for help. You can also show off your coop there as well!...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/9/coop-run-design-construction-maintenance

Good luck with your coop build and welcome to our flock!

Thanks for the nice welcome and links. I have been reading a lot since this is all new to me. I pulled nails yesterday for a couple hours which was no fun but today I got some help. we picked a spot and dug a hole for our coop.

Last edited:
Welcome to the flock. Any chance your son was named for "Atticus Finch," from "To Kill A Mockingbird?" Loved that book and the movie. He looks like a good helper. Hope you take lots of photos as you build the coop so you can add them to the Coops section on BYC.

Thank you for your years in service.

Last edited:
I think it subconsciously came from to kill a mockingbird. We were just thinking of names out loud and both liked Atticus. I have been trying to take pictures but when I get in the groove when im working I seem to forget about taking pictures.

Back
Top Bottom