Our new home for the chickens and the holland lops

heidiinalaska

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 14, 2012
We are building a 10x12 shed to home chickens and our holland lops. The chicken area is in the back, right now its 6x5, but we are going to expand it too 10x5. We are building it in stages so that we could get them in there faster.

The back is the chicken area, soon it will all be all theirs where the blue buckets are. It will have a loft across
the top of their area. So I can store extra supplies there. Also we don't want to heat all 8ft.

Our bunny area, we will be building a wall of cages, I am hoping for 6 (2 wide 3 tall)

Mr Kyle, he is going to be a daddy soon:0)

Miss Princess, she will be a mommy soon

These are cubes that I used tie wraps to build. Its for the Rabbits to go outside. You could also use
it for baby chicks.

the chicken run. We have a tarp over it untill we put the roof on.

Happy chickens. I did find out the chicken wire on the lower half of the run is not a good idea, so I am changing that so that they
will be safer. I will also add another board to the bottom so it incloses the wire.

We still have the roof, door and insulating to do... since we live in North Pole, Alaska its important to
keep them warm.

Thank you for looking
Heidi

Very nice! I like your run area
smile.png

I like your run, as well. Although I worry about how predator proof the chicken wire will be. You might consider adding some welded wire or hardware cloth around the lower couple of feet. And I love the amount of space you have!

KJF

Thank you, we are in the process of doing hardware cloth on the lower sections from 3 ft down. I don't like the chicken wire for it, after I had it all done
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom