Our new home in Okinawa, Japan- **PICS**

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tabsmonsters, Aug 30, 2009.

1. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    I wanted to show you all a few pictures of our new home. I hope to get better pictures soon.

This is the front of our place-it is our section of a multiplex that houses 3 other families
    [​IMG]

This one is of the distant water and mountain as we are going down the hill

[​IMG]

Nice and large Japanese home-wish mine is this big!

[​IMG]

This is a small octopus my kids caught while we were at the beach last weekend. They did let it go before we left!

[​IMG]

*edited title to be more specific.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  2. kees

kees Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    Cool octopus! Do you know what kind it was and how it was caught?

Suzy

3. FrizzleFreak

FrizzleFreak Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh my gosh! You are so lucky! I have always wanted to go to Japan.
    Can you keep your chooks?
    What made you move there? Or are you a native?
    Your house is beautiful.

4. tabsmonsters

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Quote:I have no idea what kind it was! The kids thought it was a rock when they were snorkeling and when it moved, they caught it with their net. We aren't familiar with what is poisonous around here yet so they weren't allowed to touch it!

5. tabsmonsters

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Quote:I am not feeling very lucky yet, lol! Sadly, I had to rehome my chickens before we left and we aren't allowed to have any in military housing. We moved here because my husband is in the Marines and we got stationed here. I am trying to talk him into moving off-base after our mandatory year in base housing. My hope is we can find a house to rent that will allow chickens and a garden!

6. playswithfowl

playswithfowl One Earth!

Jun 18, 2007
    Oregon
    Where did you live before Japan? I want to go to Japan again soon [​IMG] I have been twice and have lots of family there.

7. tabsmonsters

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Quote:We came from south of Kansas City, MO. We are originally from Missouri so it was nice to be close to family. Do you have family on Mainland Japan or on Okinawa? We are actually on Okinawa.

8. catfish/okie

catfish/okie Chillin' With My Peeps

How nice and thats a cool octopus. Is chickens popular in Japan. That picture of highway. Looks kinda like eastern oklahoma. Very nice home.

9. playswithfowl

playswithfowl One Earth!

Jun 18, 2007
    Oregon
    The family that we keep in contact with just live on Honshu but I probably have really distant relatives in other places. One of my 2nd cousins has chickens and does a radio program or something like that on chickens.

10. twentynine

twentynine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    My dad was on Okinawa in 1945, my understanding is, it was not very enjoyable.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by