Our New Paso Fino

SunChick

Songster
12 Years
Feb 23, 2007
Bel Air, Maryland
Well I convinced DH to let me add on...maybe he felt sorry for me not being able to ride my 2yr old horse, but we acquired a real gem! We totally lucked out with this horse, I just happened to be visiting my foks in Maryland and went up to visit a pal in PA. She was showing my all her Pasos and letting me try each out so I could figure out what kind I wanted (show/performance vs trail quality). I really liked her gelding but figured he would have too much engine for my DH to ride. She called a friend who she had heard a while ago was getting out of owning horses. It just didn't work out for him, a retired orthopedic surgeon who made a few bad choices with horses and ended up getting hurt by one. This mare had been put in pasture for a year and not ridden. We went out, brought her in, rode her. You could have never tell that she hadn't been ridden that long. She was so happy to have a job! She is 8yrs old and a seal bay, professionally trained for trail and the owner threw in all her tack which was practically brand new. Quite a bargain.

So here is Mia as we call her (her registered name is Primicia de Premier). She has turned out fantastic, we are adding up miles/hrs of trails each weekend. Not a mean bone in her body and she is turning into a trusting trail friend as we bond. She has finally gotten over the dreaded horse eating chickens. She told me daily for the first weeks that they were going to eat her.

Primicia-17.jpg

Primicia-10.jpg
Mia and my friend Debbie in PA

summer07013.jpg
Mia and I in FL

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL - how fortunate and lucky to have found her, and she you, as well.

Next year I'll be looking for a retired Clydesdale to live out it's life in our loving care. Just a sweet gentle and well cared for old guy. I hope I have the same luck you have had.

The best to you and Mia.

She is very cute and what a way to find her! I hope you have very many years of frindship together.
Mac,,,where is your location. I know of a rescue that saves many a Clydesdale from auction (they bring good meat prices because of their size)and try to place them in loving homes.

OH OH OH!! She is magnificent!!Riding a Paso is like relaxing in a glider rocker!

I remember an old Disney movie. Part of it was filmed at the Fort in St. Augestine Fla. In the movie, they were trying to show the smooth gait of the Paso. The rider placed a full glass of wine on top of his hat and rode around the ring at a trot, never spilling a drop.

HONEST! Ol'timers have told me that it is true.

Palm Trees! I live right next to a nursery, where my other horse gets to play around the palm trees on 30 acres of land plus a huge man made pond. I figure its free landscaping for my background!
cool.png

Maybe I'll have to try that wine trick, problem is I'll probably want to drink it instead of wearing it on my head!

Very nice. We have a Paso/Arab gelding that my DH adores and will never sell. The gait on him (when you can get him to gait) is fabulous.

That drop noseband is a finger's width too low - they shouldn't ever be on the soft parts of the nostrils. Just an observation.

Congrats on your new addition!

Back
Top Bottom