Our new Pekin Bantam chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mwat, Oct 22, 2013.

1. mwat

mwat Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2013
    Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd share with you our new additions :) Sadly we lost our beautiful white hen for unknown reason. She was wormed, vaccinated and her vent/legs/skin/eyes looked healthy etc. She was fine the night before, feeding well and in the morning we found her dead downstairs from her coop :( She was a REALLY nervous bird so our only guess might have been that she got a little too scared??

Anyway, we only had one chook left which is not nice at all for Edith so the breeder gave us five three week old chicks to try with her. She loves them! (the breeder is happy to take the roosters back)

[​IMG]

It was nice warm weather so if Edith rejected them we had a division set up in the coop with a cosy place for them to live.

Anyway, we are feeding them chick feed from the pet shop but they are eating lots of grubs and some of the grain for the adult bird...anything else I should be giving them?

Anyway just wanted to share these cute little things :)

I'm sure I'll have tons of questions but will try and find them on this amazing forum! :)

Cheers,
    mwat

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Congratulations on your new additions! They're really cute, so fluffy, it should make Edith happy to have some friends. Sorry about the loss of your white girl.

3. mwat

mwat Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2013
    Thanks Kelsie, yes she is very happy :-D they are all growing so quickly and we are getting attached!

We might have to put up some photos soon and see if anyone can spot the roosters. We will be sad to see them go :-( so I wouldn't mind knowing if at least one is a hen :p

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by