Our new pup- Photo added

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by LinckHillPoultry, Jul 5, 2008.

1. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Well, unexpectedly, last night, while the family was congregated on our front porch, my brother comes rolling up the driveway.
    Up he comes, carrying a pet crate. So everyone is trying to see inside the crate, and I instantly knew that he meant business.
    You see, over the last 4 years my brother has rescued 2 dogs, and since he doesn't have the room for them, he brings them over here.
    Back to the story. So we're all waiting, and my brother pops open the cage door, reaches in the cage, and pulls out this eensy weensy black puppy.
    The first word out of my mouth was "Mine!", and a grabbed the puppy and sat listening to how my brother obtained it.

The previous owners did not take care of their dogs properly. Out of a litter of 5, 3 died, one of which a friend of my brother took, and Hugo, the pup my brother took and brought here.
    The mother of the pups died, and Hugo is still so young that he needs milk, so we bottle feed him.
    We thing he is part lab and part cocker spaniel, but we are unsure.
    At night, Hugo wakes up in 2 hour intervals and I must take him out to go potty.

Well, to make a long story short, he now has a great home.

I will add a picture later because at this moment, I am bottle feeding Hugo and have been typing this whole thing with one hand.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  2. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Thank you for rescueing. There are so many wonderful dogs in this world that need a good home. Can't wait for the pictures...

3. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Just remember to stimulate him to pee and poop. They won't make it, if you don't stimulate them to.

LOL. I have to be careful, or else that naughty lil' word comes out of my mouth too often. LOL

pictures!!!!!!!

-Kim

4. LinckHillPoultry

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Kim, I always take him out right after I feed him his bottle, and after he eats his soft food and takes a nap. He is very good about peeing and pooping, I am very happy with him. [​IMG]
    Overall, he has been very good.

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Aww. That is so sweet. Your brother is a very nice man.

Can't wait to see pictures!

6. LinckHillPoultry

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    After I get chores outside done, I am going to go for a walk and take him in one of those doggy bags. I'll get some pictures of him running around in the grass [​IMG]

7. texasreb

texasreb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2008
    Make sure he doesn't have Parvo--it's a huge killer of neglected pups. Take him to the vet asap to rule it out and gain a plan for fostering him back to health.

8. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    So he is going on his own? That's good. I raised 3 German Shepherd puppies last year. Their mother was a grump I rescued from a local puppy mill, right before the humane society shut them down. She had 10 puppies, but was so malnourished that she didn't lactate for them and I didn't realize it until there were only 3 left.

I remember getting up every 4 hours to bottle feed and whipe bottoms until I got pee and poop from every one. Ugh, after all three got done and I went back to sleep, it seemed like it was time to do it all over again. heh... I was sleep deprived for a few weeks..

-Kim

9. LinckHillPoultry

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Here he is taking his nap in one of his little beds [​IMG]

This photo might be bright because I have a hard time changing brightness and such to be able to see it better because my computer screen isn't very bright [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Adorable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by