Our New puppy Pic update on 1/6/10

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ozark hen, Dec 31, 2009.

1. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    I got a 7 week old mixed puppy tonight. The owner told me in no uncertain terms that if this puppy turns out to chase my poultry then I can return it to her. I love this little girl. I am praying all works out well. She is very timid and the previous owner said they were all very timid. We have four Shih-Tzu in the house and the first meeting was quite uneventful to all. Even the cat seems to take to the new puppy. She has pyrenese in her and a lot of other breeds but she is very large. I wanted to keep her on the porch since it is fenced in and she is used to being outside but when I went to take her outside a large possum was on the porch eating the dog food! I disposed of the possum and brought the dog food inside the house till morning. Now I am afraid to put her outside for the night as she is too young to handle "critters" so I think I will keep her in the basement(it is cooler)for the night. We have an open stairway down to the basement but I doubt she can handle stairs as yet. Anyway, here a pic of her. I haven't thought of a name as yet.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  2. biddyboo

biddyboo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Ashland, Missouri
    Shy-anne??? You say she is timid, and she looks at the camera as if she is. If she grows out of her timidity and begins to herd everyone and everything on the 'ranch,' then you could simply change it to the classy Cheyenne. Just a suggestion:) A beautiful little girl, by the way. ~G

3. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    [​IMG] awww.... adorable

4. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Quote:Does not look like a chicken chaser. WE HOPE! I take my puppies on a leash and they get used to the chickens and ducks. One of my Call Ducks will chase the dogs.
    Instinct is instinct but proper introducing and training can work wonders. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU! Adorable puppy though! Keep us posted.

5. henryetta

henryetta Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    san diego, cali
    shes beautiful... I think with having shih tzu's as buds, she's gonna be one special girl...

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG]

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Pretty baby! Good luck with her [​IMG]

8. smileyfacecat

smileyfacecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2009
    Wrentham, MA
    [​IMG]

9. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    What a cutie-pie! She looks like such a sweetheart! [​IMG] The mark on her head looks kind of like a heart. [​IMG] Best of luck raising her! Take lots of pictures of her as a puppy so you never regret not taking enough pictures. [​IMG]

10. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

What a pretty baby!!! She is marked so nicely! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by