Our new rescued bunny

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by NicInNC, Nov 5, 2011.

1. NicInNC

NicInNC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2008
    North Carolina
    We've had our bunny, Peter, for 2 years now. He LOVES chasing the chickens around and I was beginning to worry that he was going to grow feathers because of all the time he spends with them! He's a happy bunny, but I always felt sorry for him being alone at night. Today we went to the animal shelter and rescued "Tu-Tu". They said she's a spayed, dutch mix and she's 10 months old. I was worried about the two fighting, so they assured me that we could bring her back if it didn't work out.

Thankfully, things have gone GREAT today! They immediately took to each other. Peter has been "naughty" a few times and I'm hoping he calms down eventually.
    [​IMG] Other than that, they have really done well. Peter is the white one and Tu-Tu is the grey one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Animalian

Animalian Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2011
    Australia
    cute. Tu tu's fur looks kind of rex-ish in the photos

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Awww...they're both cuties, but I LOVE her coloring - she's really pretty! Congrats on your "adoption." [​IMG]

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Adorable animals! I love the grey color!

5. llrumsey

llrumsey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    A male rabbit will probably always be a male. Female rabbits dont come in heat like other animals and your male might not relize she is fixed.

Maybe after awhile he will give up or she'll get mad and tell him to stop. I hope you continue to have good luck with them.

I always enjoyed my rabbits when I had them. And the rabbit barn seems empty now.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Oh she will get mad alright! I would watch them because a doe can kill a buck easily.

7. flyjam1979

flyjam1979 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 9, 2011
    i agree her fur does look kinda rex ish to me as well, and she could hurt him, i'd watch. an angry female bunny is a badddd thing esp. if she gets real mad at him good luck they are both so cute

8. NicInNC

NicInNC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2008
    North Carolina
    They're still doing great. Peter is calming down and not bothering her as much. Last night, they were laying alongside each other. [​IMG]

I'm going to introduce Tu-Tu to the chickens today and see if she enjoys chasing them as much as Peter does. It's so hilarious to watch them. It's like bowling for chickens the way Peter waits till they are all in a group and then he charges them. They go flying everywhere!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by