Our new Rooster - what am I?

SunnySoleil

In the Brooder
9 Years
Here's a collage of our new rooster. I just posted about the game hens and put up pics. He came from the same guy. Anyone got any idea. The guy who gave us the hens and him breeds 'game' roosters and apparently this one was not so great at it. HATE this idea, but glad to rescue him and the hens.

The only reason the guy did not want him was because, he probably breed them to show, and he thought this roo was not a winner but he would probably still do good if you added him in a show

Pretty certain he's game.. thanks for your responses. Will look up the breeds u suggested. He was not bred to show, but for fighting and he was not good at it.. which is why we got him. Plus he came with 11 hens cos the guy needed the space. Fighting is common round here. HATE it, but that's life and we got him.. but DRAMAS TODAY. Found him outside his cage fighting with our smaller half silkie roo. His comb had been SLICED OFF.. I found it on top of the cage which is up against the cage he is in. Blood everywhere. Put wound kote on it.. but worried ... is this a really terrible injury. He is still crowing but not sure he's eating much...

OEG = Old English Game
wink.png
The rest is just a color description.

Back
Top Bottom