1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Our new Self Blue d'Anver Trio!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Kanchii, May 13, 2008.

1. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

(before you ask, we're not selling eggs [​IMG] )

Well we got the pictures in of our future d'Anver trio that we're getting from Dave Dunford, known for having the best self blues in the country! Our trio is 2 years old. We're very excited to have them. [​IMG] Excuse their roughness, they've been in the breeding pens. And I'll have more pics of them once they finally get to my house.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  2. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    BEautiful birds. thanks for sharing...Dixie

3. Cheekon

Cheekon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    NY
    Awesome birds! To bad theres no hatching eggs..... [​IMG]

4. Shaffer

Shaffer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    Kanchii,
    Beautiful birds. You are very fortunate to be able to acquire them. They appear to be somewhat scarce because I was looking for some of them previously but could never find any for sale. Good luck breeding them, hope you have many offsprings to share with the chicken community. Harry

5. Kanchii

Thanks guys! We may eventually sell a few eggs here and there, but we don't want to sell any nearby because, well, they'd be huge competition to us! HAHA! Check back in the future.

6. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Quote:How Rude!! [​IMG] JK, I dont need anymore birds! They sure are beautiful though!

7. sara

sara Title Needed Here

They are very pretty!

I think from reading on the Ameraucana breeders forum these are the birds they used to create lavender bantam ameraucanas. [​IMG]

8. Kanchii

LOL JORDAN! I know it's rude. AND I DONT CARE! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! [​IMG] But it's true, I bought these to wipe out all other competition [​IMG] I'd hate it if I sold some to people nearby and next thing you know my offspring are beating me!

Sara, you're probably right, they are quite similar in build!

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  9. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    They have a nice even color, the main thing that I see wrong with them is in the rooster, he has white in the earlobes. On the 2nd hen I am not sure if its because of missing tail feathers or what, but her tail looks alittle thin and not fanned out enough.
    Sara, I think I read the same thing. The self blue ameraucana at the ameraucana nationals last year looked just like a d'anver but with a walnut looking comb.

10. Kanchii

Quote:I noticed that too, and yes it's just because they're missing tail feathers because they've been in the breeding pen. [​IMG] Thanks for your imput!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by