We have 11 hens at the moment, the current run and coop is built onto the side of our garage. They are being relocated to a shed which will give them full time access to compost adjacent to our garden and also to the garden over the winter. I just had a 10x12 shed delivered today, going to start fitting it out and will post the progress here. My goal is to give them enough food and water for 3-4 weeks at a time with an automatic door for less maintenance. I got the secondhand shed from a local place that sells new ones, they occasionally get old ones in return and the cost to get these is the delivery cost which in my case was $250. The foundation I did with cinderblock and brick, levelled with string line... I measured the shed exactly and was right on for the most part. I have gotten a bunch of ideas from this forum to incorporate. Stay tuned! Hope to have them settled in a week.