Our new sixtuplets

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dustyrailschick, Jan 26, 2017.

1. dustyrailschick

dustyrailschick New Egg

Jan 26, 2017
    Hello, I am excited to learn all about Chickens! We bought six of them from our local feed store and while they are nice and warm under the lamp and growing my hubs is building a coop for them :) My boys are going to show them at local fair through 4-h. Excited to Learn all about them :)

2. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Overrun With Chickens

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    Welcome to BYC! Great to have you with us.

What breed(s) do you have?

3. dustyrailschick

dustyrailschick New Egg

Jan 26, 2017
    We have two Long Island Reds, two Araucana and one Plymouth Rock and a sex link but looks like a Plymouth Rock? Don't really understand the difference in sex link?

4. TheKindaFarmGal

May 4, 2016
    Could you post a picture? I'm not sure what you mean. Black sex link males are barred, which looks like Barred Rocks.

5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It's nice to have you here...I'm sure the kids will have a good time with 4-H and the chickens!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

7. dustyrailschick

dustyrailschick New Egg

Jan 26, 2017
    Yes we have our first meeting with the chickens tomorrow. Do you have any advice on getting them used to handling? We have a couple that are very vocal when the boys are picking them up

8. TheKindaFarmGal

May 4, 2016
    Give them treats. Get them used to your presence. Don't move too fast, talk too loud or hold them too tight. Hold them, but not so much they become wary of being around you because they know you'll just grab them. They'll get used to you. [​IMG]

9. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined us! Good luck with the coop construction and future 4H shows. [​IMG]

10. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under dustyrailschick [​IMG] Welcome!

Best wishes to you and your new feathered family.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by