1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Our New Tractor!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Eggronomic, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Eggronomic

Eggronomic Out Of The Brooder

Nov 29, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still need to add the wheels and roosts, I installed the feeder and water both galvanized from tractor supply also need to build the nesting boxes as well. Will update!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  2. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    Very nice. How much kash did this set you back??? ( I know its cash). and will you also have a coop?.

3. Eggronomic

Nov 29, 2012
    A little under 200 bones and no they will live here permanently! I will move the tractor and check on them In The mornings before work and when i get home from work.

4. RonP

RonP Chillin' With My Peeps

Great looking tractor, but how secure against predators are you?

5. Eggronomic

Nov 29, 2012
    Only time will tell, baby"our only current hen pictured above" is the soul survivor from or first six pullets purchased last year we lost one to what I could figure out was just natural causes while still in the brooder. And four to a stray right before she started laying! She has been 100% free range for a year now. She has a open bottomed coop she lives in and comes and goes as she pleases! She lays very beautiful eggs daily and has been foraging for pretty much all of her food. She doesn't know she's a chicken though " she thinks she's one of the dogs" don't tell her

6. Eggronomic

Nov 29, 2012
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few more pics of the birds and the build. will update some more as time goes on and i get the wheels roosts and nesting boxes installed!

7. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    I see you walking around in high boots. Are snakes common in your area??? The larger ones are able to eat small chicks for sure. ..

8. Eggronomic

Nov 29, 2012
    Been raining here pretty much nonstop! I usually don't ware shoes unless I'm at work, chicks will stay in there brooder untill there 8 weeks old and I don't know much about there bread"Dixie rainbows" but there growing like weeds! Snakes do exist around these parts though and that's a issue that we will have to battle if it presents itself!

9. Eggronomic

Nov 29, 2012
    [​IMG]

Chicken Tractor Build Video!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by