1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Our newest additions....

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by SunAngel, Jan 11, 2010.

1. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    My sons girlfriend asked if we would take their lizards. Since we can't seem to say no to any animal...they are now our new pets [​IMG] If I had known how cool these guys were, I would have had some a long time ago. We believe they are both girls.

Auddie & Mitchie
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Congrats on the new additions. [​IMG]

3. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Thanks!

We used to have Iguanas and I really liked them. Except they could be grumpy and bite and were a little more sensitive to health issues. These guys are so calm and easy going, its great.

I just am not sure how old they are. Everything I find on them, says to feed them 1-2 times a day when young and every other day when adults. I think these two would eat all day long if I let them. I have been giving them some greens/fruits in the morning and a few crickets at night and they eat like they are starving. Not sure if this is typical or if they really are hungry. Don't want to overfeed them though.

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I'm not sure about feeding them. I've had a snake before, but no other reptiles.
    Iffin it were me, I would probably feed them in small amounts daily until someone can confirm their age for you. I know there are several good reptile forums. Maybe someone there could offer you advice on their age.
    Good luck with them.

5. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Thanks for the suggestions!

6. Alleychick

Alleychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    In case you are wondering they are bearded dragons. And by their size, id say they are not very old. Awesome lizards, u are so lucky!!!

7. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

OMGosh!! They are adorable!! I held my first Bearded this past weekend at a reptile show! The one I held was pretty big..probably from my finger tips to about half way to my elbow. I wanted to bring one home so bad!!! They are awesome!

Your new little buddies are beautiful!!

8. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I guess I should have included that they were Bearded Dragons lol Thanks!

Thats about all I did know about them though lol

9. hollyclyff

hollyclyff Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    NC
    Oh, you will love them. We just adore our beardie. Ours is going on 5 years old now and he is such a sweetheart. How long are they?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by