Our newest family members are arriving!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Parkers*momma, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Parkers*momma

Parkers*momma Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2010
    Continental Ohio
    Lil background...these are my 9 yr old daughter chickens. She slipped some japanese blacktailed eggs, white cochin/a weird frizzle, and golden polish eggs under my brooder hen. Lo and behold, this afternoon while doing chores, guess who greeted us.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And soon momma called and we seen there was still eggs under her:
    [​IMG]

I feel like a grandma already!!

2. Parkers*momma

Apr 11, 2010
    Continental Ohio
    here are the biological parents:

snowwhite and grumpy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OR

Pongo, perdita, cruella, and DeVille

[​IMG]

OR

Chipper and Dale:
    [​IMG]

3. love_a_duck

love_a_duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    Waterford, Michigan
    [​IMG]

whatever kind of peyton place you have goin on there, it looks beautiful.
    all those characters.......
    who will step up to claim these babies?

[​IMG]

4. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Cute babies! Gotta love when broody hens hatch babies themselves. It's such a joy to watch them with their chicks!

Also, I love that last rooster--he's stunning! He's a golden phoenix, right? [​IMG]

5. Parkers*momma

Apr 11, 2010
    Continental Ohio
    Quote:Yes he is, he's just over 6 months old. She asked her grandfather for them for Christmas last year. So mid December Mr. Postman delivered 12 golden phoenix( who lived in our home most of the winter-gets to cold here as far as she is concerned. Now she is telling him & us she would like to have seramas or copper maran for her birthday in August. She sure knows how to work her grandfather. [​IMG]

6. Parkers*momma

Apr 11, 2010
    Continental Ohio
    Quote:[​IMG] That's funny. I think Smartypants will give them the why fors and hows comes if anyone tries to claim her adopted children.

Tho, I will share this...Parker is playing jokes on her chickens as she calls it. She slipped two turken eggs in her lil silkie box. This lil silkie is about a year old but only 1/2 the size of her other silkies. Teeny tiny lil thing and Parker puts turken eggs under her.[​IMG]...She will probably end up with chickens who have complexes!

7. Parkers*momma

Apr 11, 2010
    Continental Ohio
    Yea...the gang is all here!!

We did lose one shortly after hatching...a tiny lil golden pheonix...he just didn't have the strength after hatching. But here is the rest of them:

[​IMG]
    1 golden Pheonix, 2 white bantam cochin, 1 OEG/barred, 3 japanese blacktailed, and welll...the last one is a mixed, his daddy is the sizzle and his momma is the cochin...kind wierd looking lil thing.

Momma and her babies:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

While I'm at it, what kind of hen (she's a standard not a bantam lil the peeps) is she, she has feathers down the side of her leg. She has a sister who is jet black...pretty lil hen too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by