Our Peeps came a day early! ~PICS

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Alexis, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Alexis

Alexis Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    I placed my order last week with IDEAL, on the 13th, and was told that my order could be shipped out as early as the 18th. I wasn't expecting my peeps until tomorrow, but at 6:30 this morning the phone rang. It was one of those "who the HECK is calling at this hour!!" kind of moments until I realized who it was! The guy from the PO apologized profusely for waking me but I surprised him when I said IT'S PERFECTLY OK, I'LL BE RIGHT THERE! I could hear my babies chirping loudly in the background!

I woke my kids up, who got ready for school faster than I've ever seen it happen - and got the brooder ready as fast as I could. I was planning on doing that part this afternoon!

The chicks were home within the hour, and even though some stumbled around like little drunks for awhile, they're all doing VERY well. They aren't drinking as much as I would have thought they would be, so I'm keeping an eye on that - but they are very interested in their food and each other's feathers.

We almost had one close call - when I opened the box, the "stuffing" to keep the babies warm was wrapped over the top of the birds. One curious little gal got her head hung up in a loop of it and was just hanging there on her tiptoes. Had to extricate her before I could do anything else.

I have:
    (all pullets)
    1 Ameraucana
    2 Buff Orpington
    2 Black Australorp
    2 Gold Laced Wyandotte
    2 Silver Laced Wyandotte
    2 Light Brahma
    3 Crested Special - straight run (the FRIENDLIEST chicks!
    and one "male included for warmth"
    Only problem is - I can't tell which one is the male! I think there might be a third Gold laced in there, but I'm not sure.

The GROUP
    [​IMG]

Light Brahma who tried to hang herself:
    [​IMG]

Not sure what this little one is going to look like - but pretty sure she's got a little top hat. She's the friendliest one of the whole bunch.
    [​IMG]

Buff and a Polish Crested, I think [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Little piggies that look like peeps
    [​IMG]

2. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    How cute. I cant wait for April to get here. [​IMG]

3. Nick

Nick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    What a nice photogenic bunch. [​IMG]

4. Pinenot

Pinenot Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2007
    They're soooooooo cute!!!! [​IMG]

5. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    They are very cute-thanks for the nice pics [​IMG]

6. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

They are so cute, it's always nice to get babies in good weather.

7. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] so cute - that last pic, looks like the poor little peep is standing on tippy toes to get to the GOOD STUFF... [​IMG]

8. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    They gorgeous!!! I'm kicking myself for not ordering a light brahma. Well, the order isn't coming till April, I could always add one..aaaaahhhhh

9. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Henrietta23 - Update your order. Last week I updated my Ideal order for the 5th time and added another duck. Go for it. They are so nice and helpful at Ideal.

Alexis - I have always received mine the first day after and yes a call at 6:30 in the morning is a wonderful thing when they are calling to tell you that your babies are at the PO.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  10. idealpoultry

idealpoultry Official BYC Community Sponsor

Sep 25, 2007
    Cameron, TX
    Alexis,

I sent you a PM

Teri,

Ideal Poultry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by