Our pond exploded....egads! **now with pics*

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Camelot Farms, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

DS just texted me from his walk to the bus and its says 'your pond exploded'. I look out the window and sure enough, it has breached its banks and is now pouring through the yard. I opened the window and its sounds like Niagara Falls out there from the rush of water.

No. No. Nooooooooooooooo....

Its still foggy and I couldnt get any closer as I got a little panicky.
    [​IMG]

This is normally 3 feet lower. Our picnic table is just inches from the top left
    [​IMG]

This is our horse paddock...They will be spending a few days in their stalls I think
    [​IMG]

This is running across the back of our driveway farther into the 'holler'
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  2. Quote:OH NO! What a MESS to clean up! Wish I could help you out!

3. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Post pics!

4. Camelot Farms

Quote:I would but I am afraid that I will drown... will send DS out though...lol [​IMG]

5. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Oh man! Do you have fish in there?
    When ours overflows it covers the driveway (landbridge). Thank god I have a Jeep [​IMG]

6. Camelot Farms

Quote:We did have 40 6lb catfish but a fishkill got them all back in August. [​IMG]

7. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Oh no, Kim! Yikes! Dorothy's, Feathersandfluff, pond exploded too! She can't get out of her house! She's in West TN. She said she opened her front door yesterday morning and there was a 40 lb catfish lying there! LOL

I've been to her house and she has a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE pond. When it rains heavily, it floods her entire property.

Your poor horses, Kim!

Here its the wind and we have trees falling down around us. We had two we had to remove off the power lines.

Laurie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by