Our Pony, "Pony", had her foal this morning!!

HE is the most handsome little boy I've ever seen!!! Congrats on your amazing mistake!
hugs.gif

That is a lucky accident, plus dodged the day after shot. Every now and then you TOTALLY luck out with breeding. I got a REALLY nice AQHQ filly sorta like that. I traded for a mare that was supposed to be bred, but when she got off the trailer she was leaning against the corral giving all kinds of sign that she was NOT in foal, but in flaming heat! I just bred her to my QH colt one time and got her preg checked later and the vet said no... I just figured I got hosed in a bad trade, mare not breedable or something, leased her out, and got a call 11 months later she was waxed up. I went over there and blam! She dropped this gorgeous filly! Of course, I had totally screwed myself on the paperwork, not put the colt in my name, not filed a stallion breeding report, not nominating the colt to the incentive fund, and on and on and on. The filly is two years old now and still not registered. I will have to do some stuff and pay $$$$ to get her registered, but I hopefully will get it done this year. Congrats on your baby! He is really REALLY fancy looking. Wonder if he will make POA size... Here is a pic of my filly...
8084_2.jpg

Can you hardship into POA if he stays under 14'2? I don't know any of the rules on POA's - But POA hunters/ show ponies and bring in the $$$$$$$!

He is awesome!

Quote:
That would be nice... He is going to stay small, but not Pony's size. Reeno should pass along some of his size genes. Another good thing is that Neither Reeno or Pony are spooky - both down to earth so to speak. Pony is extremely athletic & LOVES to jump. Point and shoot, she'll go over anything every time! Reason we still have her is that she is too much pony for anybody other than an experienced small rider. She's not bad, she is just the energizer bunny and needs a rider that is confident & won't get worried about her energy. Pony is special
smile.png
I adore her and want to keep her forever just because, but I also wish I could find her an appropriate home where she'd be fussed over all the time and actually have a job!

We weren't able to imprint the baby at birth, but this morning I went back out, and he let me pet him while he was laying down. When he got up he walked over to me and was sniffing me
smile.png
Off to a great start!! If anybody thinks they would be interested in this little guy once he's weaned, or Pony and baby, I am open to offers (I go by the rule "You don't know unless you ask", in other words, don't worry about insulting me cause you won't
wink.png
). My only conditions are that they get a great home, and I get first right to buy back if they ever need to be sold again.

love.gif
Awww congrats Steph and Jason of course Mommy and daddy too. That sure is a sweet little colt. Wish I could get him.
hit.gif
. But no room for him at my Inn. Good luck on finding him as good a home as he has now.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom