1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Our really cool cat died...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LilBizzy, Dec 27, 2008.

1. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Bozo was my husbands cat since he was a baby. He moved from the west coast to the east coast, and loved it here. He really as the coolest cat I have ever known. Very very soft,very mellow, never annoying- even liked going outside to potty, and would sit at the door when he needed to go out.
    He was fine yesterday, even jumping on the fridge and opening the cabinet to indicate he wanted a treat (this was a new trick of his) Today, we came home from after Christmas sales, and I heard pathetic sounding meowing. Found him hafl under my bed, and when Bird Hearder pulled him out, he was kinda panting/gasping. He wasnt moving.
    We rushed him to the animal ER, which is 5 minutes aay. When we got less than a block away, he got quiet. Then we heard some raspy hard gasping. The last gasp was as we pulled up to the door.
    We just let him go. He was close to 12 years old, and we figured it must have been time. Have no idea what happened, or why.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    So sorry to hear about Bozo's passing. His colors were/are similar to my first cat, Kirsty. She was soft and evil, but we loved her anyway.

Good thoughts for Bozo and DH.

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    what a bittersweet story. what a wonderful memory he will always be.

so sorry for you!

4. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    [​IMG] Sorry to hear of your cats' passing, it's hard to lose such a long time companion.

5. Balfour Girl

Balfour Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Balfour BC Canada
    Hey LilBizzy... I'm so sorry for your loss. It's hard to lose a member of the family.

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]..i'm very sorry for your loss!..[​IMG]..

7. Beau coop

Beau coop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    WNY
    That is so very sad. I hope your family can find comfort in the wonderful memories you must have of such a great cat. (((((HUGS)))))

8. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    oh I am so sorry.. I cant imagine how you feel. I too have an older cat 13 years... that is also a really cool cat..

I too will have to face this tune.. my prayers to you..

9. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Oh gosh, he was a beautiful cat. I'm sorry.....

10. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    So sorry! I had a Siamese cat that lived to be 15 years old and she was the best cat I've ever had. Lost my Blue point last year around the age of five or six years old...pretty young of a cat, full of life.

Beautiful cat!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by