Our rescue dog--Thunder

michelle1017

Goat Mama
11 Years
Aug 21, 2008
Missouri
I work beside a bank that is on the busiest corner of our town. In August, my friend who works across the street calls me and says there is a dog that jumped out of a vehicle at the bank and is running loose and she was afraid it would get hit. Well, the bosses wife and I go out and try to locate him and he runs right to us. We bring him in and immediately put a found dog ad on the radio and call the vets office to report him.

By afternoon, the vets office called back to say the owner called them and said "my dog jumped out of the vehicle at the bank and I am not in good health and don't want to deal with him anymore, so if someone finds him, he is up for adoption." She also told us his name is Thunder, he is a beagle mix, he turned 8 in May and his records indicate good health.

By that point, my daughter and I were hooked and took him home. This is a pretty smart dog. He can sit, stay, roll over, shake and even gets his own leash when he wants to go outside! He is slowly getting used to the cats and not wanting to chase them quite so bad and he pays no attention at all to the chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, guineas or goats.

This is a pic of him and my daughter. She says he is smiling, but by this point he was getting tired of the photo session!

14735_088_88.jpg

Back
Top Bottom