1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Our rescue pup checkin out the Gals...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by typnslow, Sep 3, 2011.

1. typnslow

typnslow Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    New Market, Al
    Meet Roatke. I know the place on his back looks hideous, hard to describe the improvement since he showed up here two weeks ago tomorrow. The vet thinks someone poured boiling water on him. I have been introducing him to the girls slowly. He has shown no aggressiveness towards them. He is a big bungling goof do I am afraid he would hurt them by accident, it will be a long while before I trust him while they are out and he is off his lead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ouracrybaby

ouracrybaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Wellsburg
    Poor pup! Bless you for giving him a better life. I have a pit who lays with my chickens. No aggression from him or the cats. I bet he will be a great guardian for them. May karma find those heartless souls who did that to Roatke!

3. typnslow

typnslow Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    New Market, Al
    Quote:Thanks for the words of encouragement. He is such a sweet pup. And you hit the nail on the head he is a blue pit.

[​IMG]

4. Happycowdog

Happycowdog Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2010
    Tipp City, Ohio
    Quote:I second that! I am in school to be a registered vet tech. We had a little Minature Schnauzer come in with a HUGE burn on his back. Awful looking...the only reason we are now caring for him and the shelter didn't put him down is because it involves a court case and the owners a facing prosecution (YESSS). They alllowed him to get horribly burned and chained him up outside in a corner of the yard to die. He is a wonderful little dog and he is doing great!

5. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Awww... Poor puppy! [​IMG] I am glad that you rescued him. [​IMG]

6. SuttonHeritageFarm

SuttonHeritageFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    Jackson Springs, NC
    Thank you for saving him! We rescue as well! Such a cute pic!

7. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I am sure he is beautiful besides! One of my last rescues was a Rottweiler with a huge scar down the length of her body, sweetest dog ever though & she found an awesome home after about 8 months here on the farm.

My mother has a Pit that LOVES laying in the pool with the ducks, they're such goofy dogs [​IMG]

8. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    poor baby glad you are there for him great pix

9. Iheartchicks<3:)

Iheartchicks<3:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Can you post more pics? :)

10. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes please post more pics of him on here so we can see his little face...poor guy and thank you for being there for him...we have a rescued pitt who is scared of the chickens and won't go in the backyard if they are out... [​IMG] we love him and he gives great cuddles.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by