Our Rescued Kittens

GlitterKitty

Songster
10 Years
Nov 21, 2009
We got four baby kittens yesterday, here is there story:

Their mommy's name was Charlotte. She was one of my favorite cats out of all my grandpa's barn kitties (he has 17!). Charlotte had been abused in her previous home by a man (we figure) because she showed up as a stray and only liked the women in our family and hisses and runs from men. Thrusday 5/27 Charlotte was killed. She had gotten hit on the road when (what we think) she was trying to eat a duck that had gotten hit there before. She had just moved her four tiny kittens into an unknown place when it happened. We searched and searched for her beautiful babies but couldn't find them anywhere. On the third day they popped out and came up to my uncles doorstep. (our neighbor, and were also neighbors with our grandpa) My uncle brought them down in a cardboard box and my mom told us we could keep them until we find homes for them. Today is Sunday 5/30 and we'll be leaving later to find milk replacement. Right now they are just eating soft canned food that we mixed with ALOT of water. They are probaly dehydrated too. Because they were alone so long and they don't quite get the concept of drinking from a bowl. They have some gunk in their eyes in these pictures which is easy to clean off. And I will be doing that.

The first day, crazy for food:
44812_sonnyheadkittens_007.jpg

Thumbelina:
44812_kittens_005.jpg

Milo-he didn't like being held up in the air to get his pic taken...:
44812_kittens_004.jpg

Sweet little docile George:
44812_kittens_003.jpg

And Rosie:
44812_kittens_002.jpg

I'll keep updating this, if you want to know how there doing!

Oh Poor Sweet Babies! Losing there momma at such a young age
hit.gif

Thankfully they have you to take care of them.
clap.gif

Yes, Please keep us informed and keep the photos coming!
caf.gif

I like Milo's photo, looks like he is peeking around the corner
love.gif

just precious!!!

Try feeding them Gerber baby food in lamb or chicken, they really seem to go after that even as TINY kittens, and sick kittens can often smell it when they cant smell anything else! you can mix some warm water with it to add to their liquid intake! Good luck with them, and please do keep us posted!

Oh, they are too cute for words!
love.gif

KMS milk replacer for kittens works great!! Are they eating on their own or are you bottle feeding them?
If you are bottle feeding them you might want to find out from a vet or other qualified person about tube feeding
kittens. It's super easy, much easier than I would have thought, and it helps keep them from aspirating the milk.
It's one of those skills I'm so glad I learned and will recommend that everyone dealing with orphaned baby animals
learn if they have a good teacher!
How wonderful that they have you to care for them!! Lucky baby kitties!
Please keep us posted and more pictures are always a happy thing!!
hugs.gif
clap.gif

Sorry it's been so long.
roll.png
but anyways
They are about 5 wks old now. They were eating/drinking milk replacment and soft food. The we started mixing it all with solid food and now they are on solid food/water. I have more pictures but they aren't uploaded yet so hang on
big_smile.png
They are all very sweet and we discovered that Rosie is the only girl so we need to rename Thumbelina (if you have suggestions..
smile.png
) We wont be keeping them though, so we'll do our best on finding perfect homes for them when there around 7-8 wks old
big_smile.png

Cuties they are.
love.gif
That is wonderful that you were able to find them. So sorry about momma though.
sad.png
She sounded real sweet. Great job you're doing there, thank you for helping the helpless little ones.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom