Our Silver Laced Wyndotte pattern is backwards+ Gender help w/ pics

PDXRN

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
Pacific Northwest
Anyone seen this in SLW's? WE just rescued a couple of little girls today and were told one was a Buff Orp. and the other is a SLW. Now she for the most part looks like a SLW pullet however the pattern on her breast is backwards. With black feathers and white lace instead of White with black lace. Also anyone that is willing to chime in on sex would be welcomed as well.

1b64f001.jpg

d505c481.jpg

005d7779.jpg

Last edited:
How old are they? It looks more like roo with that much red in the comb. He's marked as many hatchery birds are. Most times their lacing leaves a lot to be desired. I will say tho he has much nicer body type than most hatchery wyandottes.

Last edited:
Besides the comb that makes me think roo is the streakiness of the white on his back. Generally the pullets have more defined lacing on their backs while the roos are streaky.

Yeah- the body says hen- but those legs just scream roo!
The SLW is still young though- the lacing might improve after a molt. I know my SLW girl looks 10 times better at 1 1/2 years old than she did at 6 months.

I sure hope it's not a Roo we already have one Handsome SLW roo and I am not inclined to have two. WE will just have to wait and see. Looks a lot different thaan my SLW roo did at the same age but who knows. Anyone else?

Back
Top Bottom