Our sleep over guest so far...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by maplesky7, Mar 22, 2009.

1. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    I'm one girl richer today.

This is funny... I wanted to share:

Dd's having a friend sleep over.

She keeps sneaking in the house and putting chicken feathers in her back pack.

I asked her what she needed? She said nothing, she was just making sure she brought her toothbrush then ran back outside.

So I went and looked in her bag...it's got feathers in it. [​IMG]

Can't wait for her mom to open it up tomorrow when they get home to do her laundry.

A day on the "farm."

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

me,
    g

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Ok that is hilarious!!! Does she know she can just take them?

3. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Well,
    My dd has a plastic baggy full of them and they were gonna go outside and do a "feather hunt." And now I realize I should have given Kailee her own baggy...but I recognize she's taken feathers from my dd's baggy and snatched them up as her own. oh well...there's more where that came from.

I don't want her to be sneaky so I do plan on calling her on it but in a light hearted way. So she doesn't feel bad. I'll just go give her a baggy and tell her that's for the feathers she finds. Maybe tell her next time ask me if she can get a baggy for feathers instead of coming in and out of the house with shoes on...and tell her their better in a baggy instead of on top of her pj's and clothes... And leave it at that. I think.

And if she's being sneaky about the feathers, I better check her bag before she leaves and make sure she isn't being sneaky with anything else. For the most part she's a sweet little kid...but you know everyone has their moments. And this one should be easily correctable.

me,
    g

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Kids at that age have to test things too. If she gets away with it she will continue, so calling her on it is a good thing!

5. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    This is cute that she's so smitten with the feathers.

I wonder if she's sneaking them because an adult in her life elsewhere has taught her that feathers are dirty? My parents never let me touch seagull feathers as a child (rightly so... [​IMG]).

You could say something like, "I realized after you & DD were in the yard picking up feathers that I forgot to give you a baggie for collecting feathers, too! I'm so sorry - here's your own baggie so you can start your own collection."

6. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Well,
    Before I was given the chance, Kailee fessed up to me. She ran up to me and said, Zoe let me have some of her feathers. And so I said, she did? Both Zoe and her nodded their heads and I said, let's go get a baggy for them.

And then they were ready to come in and we have made a "nest" of 3 little sleeping bags and piles of blankets underneath and mounds of pillows and cuddley toys and they are taking their afternoon rest...watching a movie up on dd's princess tv.

We will order pizza a little later. I love when kids are easy.

My girls have been at each other's throats for weeks now and it is nice to be on Spring break and be able to have a sleep over to break up the monotony. The girls are having a great time.

Thanks for the input. It's nice to touch base with others.

Oh and her mom is a complete OCD person. [​IMG] She walks on her tiptoes in her own home which is spotless!! ha ha ha. I love to torment her. I see her little girls ages 2 and 6 walk on their tip toes too. Like mommy like daughters.

I asked her how she got to doing that? She said, when she was a teen she did it at her parents house because she felt it kept the dirt off most of her feet.

I TOTALLY joke with her too. I mean, I'm at the other end of the spectrum. I think she likes sending her kids here to play and get dirty. Her husband got a mound of topsoil delivered to their house last summer and her girls played all day on it and laid in it and made dirt angels...ha ha. So she's relaxing a bit...letting them be kids... I just love having fun with her though.

me,
    g

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  7. HennyPennies2007

HennyPennies2007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    Sounds like a fun weekend for all.... CHING WA! [​IMG]

8. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    [​IMG] CHING WA!!!!! [​IMG]

9. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    That sounds like something I used to do. I always stole little stuff and put them in my backpack, eggs, feathers, little baby kitties [​IMG]

10. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    Little kids are a joy. I'm glad mine are grown but sometimes I really miss those days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by