maplesky7

Flock Mistress
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
N. IL.
I'm one girl richer today.

This is funny... I wanted to share:

Dd's having a friend sleep over.

She keeps sneaking in the house and putting chicken feathers in her back pack.

I asked her what she needed? She said nothing, she was just making sure she brought her toothbrush then ran back outside.

So I went and looked in her bag...it's got feathers in it.
lol.png

Can't wait for her mom to open it up tomorrow when they get home to do her laundry.

A day on the "farm."

yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif

me,
g

Last edited:
Well,
My dd has a plastic baggy full of them and they were gonna go outside and do a "feather hunt." And now I realize I should have given Kailee her own baggy...but I recognize she's taken feathers from my dd's baggy and snatched them up as her own. oh well...there's more where that came from.

I don't want her to be sneaky so I do plan on calling her on it but in a light hearted way. So she doesn't feel bad. I'll just go give her a baggy and tell her that's for the feathers she finds. Maybe tell her next time ask me if she can get a baggy for feathers instead of coming in and out of the house with shoes on...and tell her their better in a baggy instead of on top of her pj's and clothes... And leave it at that. I think.

And if she's being sneaky about the feathers, I better check her bag before she leaves and make sure she isn't being sneaky with anything else. For the most part she's a sweet little kid...but you know everyone has their moments. And this one should be easily correctable.

me,
g

This is cute that she's so smitten with the feathers.

I wonder if she's sneaking them because an adult in her life elsewhere has taught her that feathers are dirty? My parents never let me touch seagull feathers as a child (rightly so...
sickbyc.gif
).

You could say something like, "I realized after you & DD were in the yard picking up feathers that I forgot to give you a baggie for collecting feathers, too! I'm so sorry - here's your own baggie so you can start your own collection."

Well,
Before I was given the chance, Kailee fessed up to me. She ran up to me and said, Zoe let me have some of her feathers. And so I said, she did? Both Zoe and her nodded their heads and I said, let's go get a baggy for them.

And then they were ready to come in and we have made a "nest" of 3 little sleeping bags and piles of blankets underneath and mounds of pillows and cuddley toys and they are taking their afternoon rest...watching a movie up on dd's princess tv.

We will order pizza a little later. I love when kids are easy.

My girls have been at each other's throats for weeks now and it is nice to be on Spring break and be able to have a sleep over to break up the monotony. The girls are having a great time.

Thanks for the input. It's nice to touch base with others.

Oh and her mom is a complete OCD person.
tongue.png
She walks on her tiptoes in her own home which is spotless!! ha ha ha. I love to torment her. I see her little girls ages 2 and 6 walk on their tip toes too. Like mommy like daughters.

I asked her how she got to doing that? She said, when she was a teen she did it at her parents house because she felt it kept the dirt off most of her feet.

I TOTALLY joke with her too. I mean, I'm at the other end of the spectrum. I think she likes sending her kids here to play and get dirty. Her husband got a mound of topsoil delivered to their house last summer and her girls played all day on it and laid in it and made dirt angels...ha ha. So she's relaxing a bit...letting them be kids... I just love having fun with her though.

me,
g

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom