Our surburban "La Coop D'Etat" is completed

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by guncollector, Jul 19, 2010.

1. guncollector

guncollector Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2010
    sf/bay area
    Our new suburban "La Coop D'Etat" is done! After a week of working nights, and all this past weekend, it is done! Ready for chicken move-in! All furnished!

[​IMG]
    Finished product matches the garden shed.

[​IMG]
    Storage on top will come in handy.

[​IMG]
    Went with a linoleum floor.

[​IMG]
    One of my working sketches. A few things changed, but the basic structure is the same.

[​IMG]
    My very artistic little girls, with a little help from Photoshop came up with this great logo. Next project: paint the full size sign to hang over the coop.

I had alot of fun making this project, and will enjoy watching the family raise chickens (for eggs only).

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  2. BellevueOmlet

BellevueOmlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Wow. That is really nice. My chicks would be so jealous!

3. helloroe

helloroe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2009
    Cetral FL
    Love the floor with drains. Great idea. The sign is awesome. Looks like some graphic artist are up and coming.

4. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Super job [​IMG] Lots of ventilation, I like the drains too. Looks like you put a lot of thought into it. Great name and sign too! [​IMG]

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Great job! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Awesome coop! [​IMG] Tell your girls that I love the sign! [​IMG]

7. DesertChickens

DesertChickens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2010
    Yuma, AZ
    Bravo!!! Serious props on the sign artwork! Can you imagine that sign in baked enamel??

8. flowerchild59

flowerchild59 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Southern IL
    Great coop.........I think it is bigger and nicer than my first apartment!!!

9. guncollector

Jul 13, 2010
    sf/bay area
    Thanks, everyone, for the props! We're first time chicken owners, but have watched friends raise chickens on their farm for years. We decided to bring a little of the countryside into our suburban lives.

The footprint is deliberately small, only 6'x4', so we're sticking with handful of bantams or light breeds. We would ideally like mixed colored eggs.

We live in the SF Bay Area, actually on the Peninsula, so the weather here is pretty mild year around compared to other parts of the country. Nevertheless, I am working on some rain-shields to hang over the open-air portions of the coop (keeping in mind the need for ventilation still for the rainy season.

Spent the better part of this evening working on lightweight, modular chicken fencing panels made of pvc to keep the hens out of our vegetable garden when they roam the yard during the day.

10. guncollector

Jul 13, 2010
    sf/bay area
    [​IMG]

I know this might be a silly question, but does my Coop's pop-hole (about 1-ft. off the ground) need a ramp?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by