Our temp. coop

IShavedMyLegsForThis

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 5, 2011
Made from all recycled material we had laying around, so it's not the prettiest, but it was free!
smile.png

house.jpg

The house... looks like they have a chimney, but it's the inside waterer. Pop the cap off and stick the hose down inside to fill it up.

housenrun.jpg

They're little run. I put the sunblock cloth on the top cuz the afternoon sun can get brutal over there. They follow me everywhere cuz they think they're getting snacks (hence, why they're all posing for this picture.
smile.png

run.jpg

Different view

insidecoop.jpg

My 'kids' are about 2.5 months old now. They roost, but we have no nesting boxes yet. Didn't want to get them in the habit of sleeping in them all night long.

insidewaterer.jpg

Inside waterer. We have one exactly the same in a corner of the run.

Sadly, 4 of our 6 turned out to be boys, so we are exchanging them this weekend with the person we bought them from as babies. So we'll see how that adventure goes. This is a temp. house for the kids. We may be moving so we didn't want to spend all the $ on a fancy coop only to move and have to do it all over again. But their next house is gonna be fancy!
cool.png

I think it's cute as well, but was also going to ask about the ventilation. I like the 'chimney waterer' & also the solar powered light on the run. Great job

I did, but moved to the east coast from Cali for family... bad move on lots of levels, snow and ice = can't ride so I sold her off. Downgraded to an FZ1 for the moment but I'd love another one. U?

Back
Top Bottom