our tenent passed away

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by silkydragon, Nov 27, 2010.

1. silkydragon

silkydragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2009
    ohio valley
    idk when it happened but we have rented a trailer out to this guy for 20yrs and wednesday i took him down his male and he didnt answer his door i stuck it in the window of his door. knowing he usually answers the door when i give him mail i thought something was wrong so started to worry came up to the house and told my mom we figured he went to see family for thanksgiving. thanksgiving we all ate and kinda forgot about the whole thing then friday my mom had me go down and nock on his door i did and he didnt answer again and his mail was still there we waited for night to see if his lights where on (they where) so i went down pounded on the door yelled and did this loud whistle that im the only person i know can do nothing. my mom called the local bar and asked if they had seen him they said no (he was there everyday its the VFW) so then we where almost positive but as he lived by himself and stayed to himself my mom was going to wait till rent was do to call the police or anything but the next morning some guy from the bar pulled in his driveway and called 911 and they came and asked my mom (since trailer is in her name if they could force the door open and she said i would hate for him to come home from his doughters and not be able to shut his door but that should teach him to not to leave without letting any of his closest friends know......well cops took 3steps in the door and said theres no need to go anyfurther i smell him i asked howlong he had been dead becouse my mom felt a little responsible for not calling sooner but he had been dead for atleast a week.

2. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Poor guy. That smell might not be able to be cleaned out of that trailer for a while... Phew!

3. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    My condolences to the man's family. Hard to go like that and not even be missed for days.

On a more practical note if that trailer is worth anything hire some pros to decontaminate it. That smell can be very hard to get out.

4. ElioraImmanuel

ElioraImmanuel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2010
    I am so very sorry for your tragedy! [​IMG]

5. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    A.T. Hagan :

My condolences to the man's family. Hard to go like that and not even be missed for days.

On a more practical note if that trailer is worth anything hire some pros to decontaminate it. That smell can be very hard to get out.

X2​

6. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Quote:No need for this. Your intent was to give him his privacy; I'm sure has has appreciated that for the past 20 years. Sorry for your loss.

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by