1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Our Toulouse Goose is having an affair

Discussion in 'Geese' started by dixiegal62, Apr 12, 2012.

1. dixiegal62

dixiegal62 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2012
    Arab Alabama
    with my truck! He/she has not left it's side in a few weeks. If I pull into the yard he/she calls to my truck. If I honk my horn he/she will answer and come running and spend hours gazing at itself in my bumper. I know its because its mating season and he/she needs a mate. But I don't know if I need a he or a she. While he/she is carrying on this affair I have a wild Canada Goose that stopped here and never left keeps trying to mate with the Toulouse every chance it gets, he/she will have nothing to do with it. It only has eyes for my Chevy.

2. igotgoosed

igotgoosed Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012
    North Texas
    That's funny!!! Crazy goose lol

3. The goose girl

The goose girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Denmark
    [​IMG]

4. dixiegal62

dixiegal62 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2012
    Arab Alabama
    I should film it and send it to the Chevy people lol maybe they'd turn it into a commercial. Talk about loyalty to a brand!

5. tunedin5ths

tunedin5ths Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2012
    Kansas
    How Funny!!!

If the canada goose of the opinion that your goose is a female, maybe he's right? (or maybe he's just desperate) :) Anyway, I figure the geese can tell better than we can who's who.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by