Our trip the Christmas Story House

conny63malies

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 22, 2008
Annetta Kentucky
Before we left Ohio for good i deceided to take myfamily to Cleveland to the "A CHristmas Story" House. Its my all time fav. Christmas movie and has to run the whole 24 hours on at least TVs in the house. We got to see the shed where Ralphie shot Black Bart and his gang, we saw many original costumes and probs in the museum,and of course we stopped downtown to see what was left of Higbees . The kids had a great time of daddy making a fool of himself.
THe pink nightmare bunny jammies
7736_christmas_vacation_063.jpg

Its a major Award(and a extremly rare pic of me)
7736_christmas_vacation_039.jpg

Daddy is going to kill Ralphie
7736_christmas_vacation_036.jpg

Sitting on the front stairs of the Parker home, the original mailbox from the movie is still there
7736_christmas_vacation_020.jpg

The house on good old Cleveland street
7736_christmas_vacation_002.jpg

Fun!

I looked just like that little kid when I was 10... glasses and all.

And I'll always remember that Christmas when I got my B-B gun!

I would SO love to go there and visit all of that. but I would HAVE to go in the snow lol for my full effect of living out my part in that movie!! Did they have any soap in the soap dish for Ralhpie to suck on? I am such a fan of that movie! We even have a Christmas tree that is nothing BUT Christmas Story ornaments!!!

haha That's too funny! There are some guys at work that would LOVE that. They go around quoting that moving from early late Oct. until Christmas is over. I wonder if they know that place exists.

MomtoSyd&Emma :

I would SO love to go there and visit all of that. but I would HAVE to go in the snow lol for my full effect of living out my part in that movie!! Did they have any soap in the soap dish for Ralhpie to suck on? I am such a fan of that movie! We even have a Christmas tree that is nothing BUT Christmas Story ornaments!!!

THey got a store in a house across the street where you can buy memoirbilia(SP??) and yes they sell Lifebuoy soap. We bought some stuff incl. a decoder pin.The house with the big yard across from Ralphies house, the white one on the corner is the museum, the one behind, basic. across from where Randy slipped is the Ticket and gift shop. I got plenty more pics of the museum mostly from the costumes and stuff.​

Quote:
THey got a store in a house across the street where you can buy memoirbilia(SP??) and yes they sell Lifebuoy soap. We bought some stuff incl. a decoder pin.The house with the big yard across from Ralphies house, the white one on the corner is the museum, the one behind, basic. across from where Randy slipped is the Ticket and gift shop. I got plenty more pics of the museum mostly from the costumes and stuff.

I googled it and found the website, I want to order Dh the full size lamp so stinking bad! lol I wish I didnt live so far from it we would so be there but I HATE to travel more than a couple hours anywhere due to motion sickness and vein troubles!

oh and PLEASE feel free to post more pix lol

Back
Top Bottom