Our trip to the petstore. updated with pics

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by B. Saffles Farms, Jan 7, 2009.

1. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Last night our 3 y/o DD accidently, killed our 9y/o DS hampster he got for Christmas. He was heartbroken. So we decided to take him to the petstore to get him another one today. When we got there, there was a lady and 3 kids unloading 5 puppies. Of course the DS and DW had to go look, I went on in the store, and minutes later they came in telling me the puppies where free. DS really wanted one so we went out to let him pick one out. Then my DW liked a different one than he did, so they where discussing which one to get, and the lady told her that she had to give them away or she was gonna have to take them to the pound. So to sum it up, we go to the petstore to get a $14 hampster, and we leave there with the hampster and 2 new puppies. [​IMG] Whew Ive got to stay away and keep my family away from any place that might have any animals. [​IMG]
    P.S. When we came out of the store they only had 1 puppy left so maybe she didnt end up at the pound.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2009
  2. mainchick

mainchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Southern CA
    FREE puppies can cost a fortune! (shots, deworm, spay/neuter, chewing destruction, house soiling/carpet cleaning) What kind are they? post pictures!!!

3. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Quote:Why didn't you take the last one?! [​IMG]

4. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Quote:LOL I know we already have two dogs at home, one of which is a puppy. They are border collie/saint bernard? she thinks. Ill get pics of them tomorrow.
    KellyHM, because we didnt need the 2 we got....lol. I love my dogs.

5. chickmamawannabe

chickmamawannabe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Canby, Or-y-gun
    Wait a minute, hamsters cost $14 there! [​IMG]

6. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    [​IMG] And I thought i was bad LOL......... Thats what i would do if i was not married. My Husband is totally NOT an enabler. He would have dragged me by the hair away from that box of puppies [​IMG] I see what would have happened if i married someone like me [​IMG] I cant wait to see pics [​IMG]

7. mainchick

mainchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Southern CA
    Quote:LOL I know we already have two dogs at home, one of which is a puppy. They are border collie/saint bernard? she thinks. Ill get pics of them tomorrow.

what an interesting mix! I want to see!

8. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Quote:Yep dwarf hamsters 14.97 teddy bear hampsters only 9.99 [​IMG]

9. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN

what an interesting mix! I want to see!

Ill get them on here tomorrow. They are cute I have to admit.[​IMG]

10. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

New pets! Congrats.

Hammys here are 10 bucks for the regular types, 24 for the "black bear" which is really just a color variant of the regular types. [​IMG]

No idea why the dwarfs are so expensive. They breed worse than mice! Got a pregnant one once and before I knew it I had a dozen....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by