Our Tuesday Morning surprise

EKC Farms in the desert

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 21, 2011
New River, AZ
So we live in a pretty nice neighborhood. Live in Northen Phoenix. "Supposed" to be higher class. So one would think not much crime. Well back in February my husbands motorcycle was stolen. We knew who did it, but couldn't prove it, because they moved out that day and took off back to Cali. Well yesterday my hubby walks out the door to go to work at 5 am, and to his surprise... his car is on blocks. Some one was so nice to take all 4 of his rims and tires and leave his car on 4 blocks. Some thing tells me it wasn't a fair trade!!??!! So he called out of work yesterday. We took the rest of the day to get an alarm put on my truck and get him new tires and rims, and then got his alarm on today.

I wonder if the economy is getting worse (and we don't see it) so people are going to start stealing more. Or was this a case of some one being jealous because he had nice rims on his car?

How rude can people really be.

Seriously? That is ridiculous.
rant.gif

It truly sucks that you were stolen from
sad.png

But if I were a robber/theif I would certainly go into upper class neighborhoods to steal - no one in my neighborhood is going to have anything good.

I think the times are getting worse. One of my friends was having a baby shower at her church, and while in the baby shower, some of the cars were broken into. Right there in the church parking lot. I let my dogs run loose and that helps at home but I wonder how bad it is gonna get?

I am pretty confident the economy is still horrible where you are, it is one of the worst areas hit in the nation for real estate loss. My in-laws just got a (used to be) 200,000 house in a Phoenix suburb for 60,000, it was the 6th one they bid on in that price range in the last month. Plus Christmas is coming and they need more cash!

Nicer neighborhood? Most of those have garages dont they? Maybe keep all cars locked in there at night? I know my friends motorcycle got stolen pretty much right infront of him. By the time he got out side all he saw was his bike in the back of a truck driving away. Its hard to believe that some people will sink this low.

My truck as stolen July 4th, 2009. I think it was mainly a joy ride or some one had to get some where. It was stolen between 7 am and 10 am (broad day light!) There wasn't much gas in it, so they drove it 12 miles then it was sitting there. Cops found it completely ransacked, a baby toddler seat in the bed of the truck (no reason for us to have one of those), all my stuff was stolen out of it (tools, cds, owners manual, book bag with school/work stuff, and the battery of the truck). I got it back from the shop a month later. It felt so uncomfortable driving it for awhile. Just felt like it wasn't mine any more because some one I don't know was in it. A second time it was almost stolen, but I think they were spooked. They had the driver side door punched, so they were in. Im thinking when I left at 3:30 am for work, I startled them. This all happened when I lived in the west valley. Once again I would never have expected it to happen over there.

The rims and tires are gone and I can't change it. I at least hope they sold them for food for their kids and not drug money, or just to be stylin' in their car.

Some of our coworkers say the government is going to take over and some other say Zombies are going to take over. Personally I don't believe in this (but every one has a right to their own opinion and i have no right to judge). Last weekend we were talking about this at a friends house. I said if any thing I would say the citizens of our country will get desperate (needing more money) and they would start looting. So I wonder if this is happening.

Quote:
I have seen numerous situations like this. Houses that were crazy expensive are going for dirt cheap. We are actually looking at houses right now and hoping to walk away with one of these great deals. We have a coworker who was getting very mad at us for this. He is upside down in his house (because of the market), and we are buying a house that was more money then his and we are paying less then a quarter of what he paid for his. I don't think its right for him to get very mad at us, to the point he would stop talking to us and walk away.

Back
Top Bottom