1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Our very first egg!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chicksnducks, Jul 1, 2007.

1. chicksnducks

chicksnducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2007
    Durant OK
    Well, me and my little chicken farmer, Kailey, went out this evening to bring the chickies some goodies and found our very first egg!
    We are just so excited! The only chickie that is old enough is the momma chicken we got three weeks ago at the chicken auction.
    She has two babies but Fatty Roo got her the other day.
    She wasn't sitting on the egg so we removed it.
    Wow what a feeling!!!
    just wanted to share....
    [​IMG]

2. sillygoose4ever

sillygoose4ever Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Wisconsin
    I'm happy for you! Good Luck

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

How great!! Is it her first egg? Its tiny! Is she a banty?? Oh, by the way, your daughter is beautifull!

4. sillygoose4ever

sillygoose4ever Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Wisconsin
    are you gonna start incubating eggs or eat them? or let the mama's sit on them?

5. chicksnducks

chicksnducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2007
    Durant OK
    Well, momma is a banty, I think...she has hairy feet...
    we got her grown with two babies from the Chicken auction in Durant. At first she was real fiesty and mean but I have been working with her and I think she likes me![​IMG]
    Momma chicken was out and about all day today so I don't think she wanted to sit on it...will they leave the egg if they want to hatch it???
    Thanks about my daughter...she is my youngest and is really into the chickies ...My older daughter loves her duck but not enough to deal with the stink!
    I am also blessed with a son right in between my girls.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by