Out all night. Is she okay?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by rainbowgardens, Dec 23, 2009.

1. rainbowgardens

rainbowgardens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Central Virginia
    One of my dominiques, we call her mutant because her comb is the single kind, got stuck outside last night. I'm guessing she roosted on a plastic covered straw bale up against the coop because there's a whole lot of poo there. It's in the corner where my small coop is attached to the larger coop. It has a little overhang and is on the downwind side.
    The temp was in the low 20's last night and there was no precipitation of any kind. I don't think it was windy. Do you think she'll have frostbite?
    How soon does that typically show up?

I feel bad about shutting her out. She is the most skiddish and fearful, so she must have been hiding when I closed the door. I thought everybody was in, but didn't count.

2. Junkmanme

Junkmanme Chillin' With My Peeps

She's probably just fine. But, I think you should "restrict her privileges" for being a "naughtly girl" and staying out ALL NIGHT !!!

-Junkmanme- [​IMG]

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Most likely she'll be fine, especially if she was able to stay out of the wind. And hopefully w/no precip, the humidity levels weren't high. Just keep an eye on her comb for a day or two...I'll bet she's fine...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by