Out of 28, I have two standouts.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by CheekyMare, Oct 23, 2011.

1. CheekyMare

CheekyMare Chillin' With My Peeps

Meet Weeble and Buffy.

Weeble hatched yesterday morning and was kind of flat. He was tired seeming, and sleepy and the rest kept running him(IDK) over and waking him up. So I gave him a private room.

[​IMG]

That's Weeble in front.

[​IMG]

This is Buffy. Buffy is going to be trouble. She's a little older(one of the 8 I bought on Friday) but she's smaller that all the rest except for Weeble. Her and Weeble are the same size. She is however the fastest and is already trying to fly. She runs around the brooder bossing everyone around. I think I like her because she's so round she looks like she should roll rather than walk.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Weeble and Buffy

[​IMG]

P.S. Some of my Friday hatchlings have wing feathers coming out already.(primaries) is that normal?

2. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    I just want to snuggle in that pile of chicks!!

3. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    Isn't it amazing what personalities they have when they are so tiny and so very young.

4. CheekyMare

CheekyMare Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh, and Weeble started eating on his own this morning finally(I was just watching, but worried) and just this afternoon I saw him toddle over to the water and take a real drink like a big chickie. I'm less worried now, he just needs time to catch up I think. I let him out for supervised exercise time with the rest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by