Out of all your chickens, do you have a favorite?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by CalebtheChicken, Jul 28, 2010.

1. CalebtheChicken

CalebtheChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Jeremiah, Ky.
    Simple question.

I sure have a favorite!
    Buffin, my MPC Buff Orpington.
    She's the best chicken I have out of my 28, and the only tame one.
    She jumps in my lap and rubs on my leg like a cat. She's even friendly to strangers!
    When I first got them as chicks, the first time I saw them, she walked right up to me and started peeping and didn't stop till I picked her up. While all the others just hid in the corner. She's also my roo's favorite hen to try and breed, and my Red Star's best friend.
    Anyway here she is:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now tell the story of YOUR favorite chicken birds!!!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I do. I have a little dwarf silkie hen. Shes less than half the size of the normal silkies.

3. CalebtheChicken

Jun 5, 2010
    Jeremiah, Ky.
    Quote:Yeah the ones that are different are usually my favorites to, like my BR with crooked toes is my 2nd favorite bird.
    Lets here her story!

4. Critter Crazed

Critter Crazed Chicken Cuddlin' Cheesehead

Jun 22, 2009
    I love all of my chickens in a different way cuz they are all so different but I'm really attached to my rooster.
    He's a bantam cochin and ever sine he was 5 weeks old he HAD to snuggle with me at dusk before he went to bed with the girls. He persists to jump on my back, shoulder, head, arm, anything as long as it's on me. Oh, and I have to hold him close to me too.
    He's a year now and he STILL does this. If I'm outside of the run and it's dusk he will literally try to get THROUGH the chicken wire to me! So I guess it's only normal you get attached to a chicken like that, huh.. [​IMG]

Your buff orpington sounds really sweet. [​IMG] I have one chick that loooves snuggles too. She's starting to grow on me as well. [​IMG] She's a silkie cochin cross, my rooster's daughter.

5. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    I love my black cochin hen Tilly best but shhh don't tell the others

6. CalebtheChicken

Jun 5, 2010
    Jeremiah, Ky.
    Quote:My banty Cochin doesn't come anywhere near me! But when I catch him he's soooo fluffy and soft [​IMG]

7. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    Quote:Yeah the ones that are different are usually my favorites to, like my BR with crooked toes is my 2nd favorite bird.
    Lets here her story!

My favorite is my BR with the floppy comb, but that is only because she is a really good roach killer!!!!

I have a BR with a up-side-down toe!!! I wonder if it is a BR thing to have weird toes!

8. CalebtheChicken

Jun 5, 2010
    Jeremiah, Ky.
    Lets here her story!

My favorite is my BR with the floppy comb, but that is only because she is a really good roach killer!!!!

I have a BR with a up-side-down toe!!! I wonder if it is a BR thing to have weird toes!

Mabye BRs are imbred or something [​IMG] They have alot of mutations.

9. AJ666

AJ666 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    La Crosse, WI
    My EE girl, Pacobean. I dont know what it is about her she is just great. My domonique is a close second though. I love all my chickens alot!

[​IMG]

10. awheel11

awheel11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    oh boy...this is gonna be difficult.

Sally, Pumpkin, Mango, Red, Cinnamon, Peanut, Rex, Rylie, Paris, and that's just to name a few!!

Red
    [​IMG]

dear, gentle Sally!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mango
    [​IMG]

That's all for now!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by