out of foster care and into father care

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by fathertrying, Dec 20, 2012.

  1. fathertrying

    fathertrying New Egg

    Dec 20, 2012
    Ok so the mother of my child was arrested, and my 6 month old son was placed into foster care, before I was given the option to get him. We stay only 100 miles apart, and the socila worker told me I would need to get a lawyer to get him back or wait 14 days. Are these statements true? and if not what can I do to get my son in my care asap.
  2. sumi

    sumi Égalité Staff Member

    Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland

    I'm sorry to hear about the situation, but I'm afraid I cannot tell you. The best thing to do would be to contact a lawyer or SS and talk to them about it. Best of luck!
  3. oldrooster

    oldrooster One Crazy Nut

    Yes try calling child protective services or the socail services department with the state and find out if what you heard is correct also the local clerks office might be able to help without hireing a lawyer

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by