Out Of The Mouth Of A Child

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by goobhen, Sep 20, 2011.

1. goobhen

goobhen Chicks Rule

Dec 6, 2008
    Indiana
    My grandson stays with us every weekend.... He is a very special child, seven years old. We had to go to the store last weekend. As we were approaching the door, he turned to me and said "Mamom, you look very nice in that outfit". I said thank you, and on we went. As I was getting out my check to give to the customer service lady, he said to her, "You look very attractive in that top". She also told him thank you. I told my DH about his compliment, DH started to laugh. He then told me that our beloved GS told him " Papa, you look fabulous in your teeshirt" before we left the house! We asked DGS about the compliments he was giving out, he told us he learned that in Cubscouts!

What a seven year old taught me last weekend, to say something nice, or don't say anything. I am now re-learning the Golden Rule, and am trying to live by it. What a nice thing to remember..... A lot less hurt feelings out in the world if we all did this! Now if I read something that I totally disagree with, I temper it with kindness. I know that I have posted not so nice things when I first started on BYC, if ever I hurt anyone, I am truly sorry!
    Everyone, have a wonderful day today, if anyone is hurting physically or spritual, may you find relief today!
    Bless you, Theresa

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  2. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Thanks, Theresa. I have reached the point in life [​IMG] where I can compliment women without it being regarded as 'making a pass'. It's fun to brighten another person's day. When I compliment a guy, I get strange looks. Why is that? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. goobhen

goobhen Chicks Rule

Dec 6, 2008
    Indiana
    Quote:Do you use the word "fabulous"???

OMG, I just now saw the BOLD buttons, you think I would have seen them after 400 posts?? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by