Out on limb! Puff N Stuff the New Mexico Tree Chicken!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by WriterofWords, Nov 4, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Couldn't find the Puff this morning,,, then I looked up, up, and up! And there she was!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Out on a limb... [​IMG] That is so funny!

3. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    Oh thats TOO cute!! Found one of my polish all the way up on top of our 2 story shed (1800's butcher house), which has the same peak height as our home [​IMG] I didn't know they could even fly that high!!!

What breed is Puff?

4. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Puff's mom was a BR hen and daddy is a mystery lol. She has puffy cheeks, that's how she got her name. She's a BIG girl too.

5. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Wow. She's talented!

6. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I think she might be related to The Flying Wallendas!

7. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Wow.. I'm impressed. That just CAN'T be comfortable- yet, she looks quite content. That branch was probably 3 feet higher before she landed on it LOL

8. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Funny you should mention that, I was just outside looking in the tree in the dark with a flashlight to find the tree birds.. that limb she is on in the picture is bowed down at least 8 - 10 feet from it's upright position. She roosts the highest of all the birds in the tree with her sister Fluff N Stuff right under her. Under them is McSneaky and Goody Two Shoes from the BLR babies. Then comes LaRoo, and some yard ornaments.

9. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    [email protected] yard ornaments. You are too funny.
    How are Little Miss GTS and McSneaky?

10. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    GTS and McSneaky are doing very well! He has taken over Popcorn's position because Pops went to live in a nice coop with 20 nice White Leghorn ladies two days ago. I've done my best to keep him but he attacked my mom again and that was that. This way he is in a pen, not free ranging and the guy who took him can more than handle him. I'll try and get updated pics of them soon; Sneaky has the oddest comb that lays over his head!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by