out or how to in

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by only one lay, Jan 6, 2010.

1. only one lay

only one lay Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    litchfield mi
    [​IMG] This dude will not move inside the coop. He stayed in forceable when he first got to the coop but since has lives outside under it.

He eats well and seems healthy. All the ladies are reg size. He has straw plenty ,but being in mich should I try something else to get him to live inside.? This is early pic. He's now about 11 months

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner True BYC Addict

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    I'd want him inside the coop as it is probably safer from predators, not just because of the cold. You can either move him inside after they have gone to bed and it is too dark for him to move for a while until he starts to go in on his own, or you can try locking him in the coop, maybe in a crate or something, for a week or so until he learns that inside the coop is home.

Good luck!!

3. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Is he being picked on,

we had a possum visit our coop and since then we have a couple that WILL NOT go inside. [​IMG]

4. only one lay

only one lay Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    litchfield mi
    He has no predator issues to deal with. He's lives inside a fenced run, inside a fenced yard with a corgi that keeps all things not hers out of the yard. He was in the coop for two weeks before he got to explore the run.Now he's just happy living under the coop.He does have all ladies larger then him. Maybe the ladies just don't want to keep him/ let him inside.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by