Out with the old in with new coop!

lynnd17

In the Brooder
Mar 17, 2017
I started this chicken journey with a tractor coop. The wood began to split after one week outside........placed outside on Mother's Day. I live in Illinois and we've had a lot of rain.
Hinged roof came off in my hands.....enough chickens deserve better. New coop coming...can't wait!

See old coop then new coop pictures!

Attachments

• IMG_3260.JPG
    IMG_3260.JPG
    504.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3618.JPG
    IMG_3618.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 35
Phase 2 of new coop. We attached a covered run. I will put hardware cloth along the bottom just to assure no preditors can grab the chickens. Had to get things together because we are going on vacation and will only have morning and evening checks.

Attachments

• IMG_3811.JPG
    IMG_3811.JPG
    753.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3812.JPG
    IMG_3812.JPG
    810.7 KB · Views: 15
I started this chicken journey with a tractor coop. The wood began to split after one week outside........placed outside on Mother's Day. I live in Illinois and we've had a lot of rain.
Hinged roof came off in my hands.....enough chickens deserve better. New coop coming...can't wait!

See old coop then new coop pictures!

Attachments

• IMG_3620.JPG
    IMG_3620.JPG
    377.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3621.JPG
    IMG_3621.JPG
    385.6 KB · Views: 35
Nice looking coop. I know you will be happy with the blackjacks.
We also used blackjack on our coop floors and 3' up the side walls. We clean up a section @ 1 year after it was installed. We used metal putty knifes, stiff brushes and rags and didn't dent the surface. it cleaned up and looked new and we add a section in to it and painted the new floor up to the cleaned spots and it turned out great. We will be using it on all the post we set in the ground for the run.

Scott

That's a beautiful new coop!! They're going to love it!
I was sooooo worried about winter now I am sure they will be happy and safe!!

Now our job is constructing the run. I will keep posting that progress too

Back
Top Bottom