out without heat?

AlivianAcres

Chirping
7 Years
Nov 20, 2012
Elizabeth Colorado
How soon can I move my pullets outside without heat? They are almost 7 weeks and have been totally without heat for about 2 weeks...it gets down in the 30/40s at night...would they be OK? My big chickens went out during summer so this is new to me...

They should be fine. Are they feathered out? If so, they're good to go. And expect them not to roost, but they'll huddle in a pile on the floor to keep warmer. It's normal.

Thank you both...it got down in the 20s last night and they did great. All huddled together and slept good. And yes I was the crazy chicken lady out with a flashlight in the middle of the night to check on them ;)

Thank you both...it got down in the 20s last night and they did great. All huddled together and slept good. And yes I was the crazy chicken lady out with a flashlight in the middle of the night to check on them
wink.png
Crazy? Well, join the crowd. We've pretty much all done that!

Congratulations on a successful transition!

Crazy? Well, join the crowd. We've pretty much all done that!

Congratulations on a successful transition!
LOL good-so its not just me
ya.gif
My hubby likes the chickens, but hardly loves them...and you should have seen the look on his face when I put on my boots, coat and grabbed a flashlight at 1 in the morning to make sure they were ok
ep.gif

They moved into the growing coop last night and seemed to be doing well...I am heading out to check again now ;)

Back
Top Bottom