Outcome?

Pampered chicken girl

🎶My angels and demons at war with myself🎶
Premium Feather Member
Apr 10, 2022
What would the color outcome be if I breed my blue silkie x mostly white silkie roo? Would they be all white?
Thanks

What do you mean by 'mostly' white? Can you post pictures of your birds? A lot of varieties with different genetic backgrounds could be described as mostly white and would be inherited in different ways.

What do you mean by 'mostly' white? Can you post pictures of your birds? A lot of varieties with different genetic backgrounds could be described as mostly white and would be inherited in different ways.
Yes I will post some pics when I get some

These are the two chickens I was talking about the blue silky is obviously very young right now but I wouldn't be bringing her till she was older. She doesn't look very blue on the camera but she is
20220529_105923.jpg
20220529_105949.jpg

Your Blue Silkie isn't Blue. She may carry the gene (it's hard to tell from the picture), but she is not the variety Blue. Blue Silkies are a solid blue-gray color overall, none of that white patterning that she has on her. I'm not really sure what that pattern is genetically... Do you have any pictures of her as a chick?

Your male is some sort of mixed color, I'm not entirely sure what. He doesn't quite look like what I'd expect from dominant white with leakage, but I could be wrong there... I get the distinct feeling that both of these birds are from mixed color crossings, so trying to predict what will come of crossing them is difficult to say the least. This one's out of my wheelhouse for sure, sorry I can't be of more help!

Your Blue Silkie isn't Blue. She may carry the gene (it's hard to tell from the picture), but she is not the variety Blue. Blue Silkies are a solid blue-gray color overall, none of that white patterning that she has on her. I'm not really sure what that pattern is genetically... Do you have any pictures of her as a chick?

Your male is some sort of mixed color, I'm not entirely sure what. He doesn't quite look like what I'd expect from dominant white with leakage, but I could be wrong there... I get the distinct feeling that both of these birds are from mixed color crossings, so trying to predict what will come of crossing them is difficult to say the least. This one's out of my wheelhouse for sure, sorry I can't be of more help!
Like I said she looks totally different from that picture and sorry I don't have any chick pics I got her as a 3 month old a few weeks ago

Back
Top Bottom