Outdoorgurl finally got chicks!!!

minifarmgurl1

Songster
10 Years
Apr 24, 2009
indiana
hey guys sorry i didnt get on here this weekend i was soo busy with having 2 b-day parties for my 16 yr old son and setting up fence for my new babies!! i didnt even know i was getting em yet! i came home from taking my son and 7 other boys to the skate park and the hubby was setting up the pen for me with chicks on the way to my house! wow! so i took good car of them all weekend...the first morning after i got them i sat out there and watched them for a while and 3 chicks found a worm each and all the other chicks were chasing them around trying to steal the worms it was soo funny!!! i laughed so much. i cant remember what the chicks are called golden something...but they are a red and white color..as soon as i figure out how to add pics on here i will put a bunch on...so thats it for now i finally got em!!!

Welcome to the madness! I'm happy for you. Start saving now for a bigger coop.
frow.gif

No doubt!! right now i have not built a coop. i do have a fenced in area for them and i put them out every morning and put them up every evening. i have a big dog cage in my garage filled with straw and a box in there...with water.. I am going to start on a BIG coop as soon as i finish my final draft of my essay due this week for school..so i really need to finish that first. the fenced in area is big and has grass and dirt for them..along with sun and shade. i went and bought 2 little feeders for them along with chick food. we will be making the fenced in area bigger over the summer. in fact it is gonna be really big for them..but its under some trees and a couple of the trees are muberry trees is that bad for them?? oh man i never thought about that b4.

Back
Top Bottom